From the Admins "Services We Offer"
Welcome to the ZebraEnglish Teacher’s Lounge! Unlike your local school’s teacher’s lounge where the pop machine is out of your favorite drink, our lounge is your one-stop-shop for all your online teaching needs! Although we will cater to ZebraEnglish teachers, our content will be relevant to online teaching in general so invite your friends from other platforms to check us out!
Here is what to expect from us at the Teacher’s Lounge:
- Support for your questions and concerns regarding all things ZE. We may only be able to give “virtual” hugs, but having a community who truly “gets it” about the joys and concerns of teaching online will be of great benefit to us all.
- Regular Zoom meetings to address relevant topics we all are passionate about such as modeling, TPR, fun props to use, how to design your classroom on a budget, technology, and even what kind of apparel you may wear to stay warm and comfy.
- Coaching for newbies and more experienced teachers alike. We all have our “go-to” tips and tricks; why not share them here so they can be easily found rather than having to scroll through a feed to find “that one post”!
- Scheduling 1:1 meetings with teacher applicants.
- Videos/blogs/ and many other resources.
Sometimes our students come to our classrooms with pronunciation errors. Our parents expect us to correct errors in pronunciation. This creates challenges for us at times if our student is physically unable to produce the sound correctly. What is an online teacher to do? Here is a video for some quick tips on one of the more challenging sounds our students may struggle to say correctly.