Process from Referral to Teaching classes with Zebra English
1. Complete initial referral information via link.
2. You will receive a response to your initial referral asking you to submit a short introductory video. In this video, Zebra English asks you to include where you live, your educational background and experience teaching kids.
3. Within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email response requesting you to schedule Demo 1. Demo 1 will consist of a lesson that will last 20 minutes. Upon scheduling your demo, you will gain access to the portal’s video resources regarding the different interactive slides and expectations for teaching with ZE. It is in your best interest to watch ALL of the videos, and possibly watch a few times to understand the different features and games.. Zebra English requests that you sign up for your demo within 72 hours of receipt of email with scheduling link.
4. If ZE likes your initial demo, within 24-48 hours you will receive an email response requesting you to schedule Demo 2. Again, the email states scheduling should occur within 72 hours of receipt of email. This DOES NOT mean you have to complete the demo within 72 hours, just schedule it. The demo schedule is usually available to see for a week out from the current date. Demo 2 consists of two parts: the first 10 minutes you will complete a mini-demo. At the end of the ten minutes, the mock mentor will give you feedback based upon your ten-minute demo for fifteen minutes.. You will then begin the 20-minute full demo. This process allows you to participate in a workshop with the mentor for the first two sections of the demo, Demo 2 will take one hour. ***Some people pass the rubric with the first demo and do not have to complete a second demo.
5. Within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email (if they want to pursue the relationship further), asking you to complete a teacher briefing with someone from Zebra English. In this thirty-minute meeting, a staff member from ZE will complete a presentation about the history of the company, how Zebra English 1:1 classes fit into their vision and their plans for the future.
6. Shortly after the teacher briefing, you will receive an email invitation to complete your teacher profile page. You will need to upload your degree, TESOL certificate, and any teaching credentials you may possess. You will also need to upload a profile picture and 1-3 lifestyle pictures. You will write a short piece of biographical information as well.
7. After your teaching profile is complete and submitted, it will be reviewed in 24-48 hours. Once approved, you will receive an email invitation to complete the background check. This background check will take approximately 48 hours to complete.
8. Upon passing the background check , you will be able to open slots and begin teaching! Please request to join the ZebraEnglish Teacher’s Group at this time. Happy teaching!